I would like to begin this blog by saying that I do not enjoy writing at all. However, my older sister would love for me to write about my new Canadian life. So we shall see how long this little blog lasts! :)
We have now been living in Canada for more than 5 months. It has been a big adjustment for my little family! Thankfully we don't live too far from the border, so we can somewhat easily pop back to the States when we need too. We have added a few French words to our vocabulary which helps us to translate a word here or there at the grocery store. Obviously we need to work harder at learning French so that we can actually communicate and understand the people around us. Thankfully the majority of people speak English with only an occasional person who does not understand us.
Such a pretty song! Thank you for posting this! It's fun hearing about the differences between the countries! I can't see the song from my phone but it shows up fine on my laptop :)
ReplyDeleteThis is my 3rd time commenting! It insists that I must be Katie and it won't change so I will leave it this way :)
I don't know if this interests you, but I recently discovered a popular free language learning app called "Duolingo" (http://www.duolingo.com/). It functions a bit like Rosetta Stone, but it only supports a small number of languages. They make their money by essentially using your answers to translate documents. :) (I'm guessing that's at the higher-level lessons)
ReplyDeleteI just started using it a week ago, and it's been pretty neat.